North America’s metals & mining industry saw a rise of 5% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Orla Mining’s $189.23m acquisition of Gold Standard Ventures, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 metals & mining industry deals worth $809.5m were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 20 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2022 with 17 transactions, representing an 81% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with three deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 14.3% and 4.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s metals & mining industry with $422.21m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $385.47m and $1.83m, respectively.
North America metals & mining industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 51.2% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $414.24m, against the overall value of $809.5m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition deal with Gold Standard Ventures
2) The $161.59m acquisition of UEX by Uranium Energy
3) QNB Metals $38.62m acquisition deal with Minagoldchoix
4) The $14.7m acquisition of S.A. de and Minera Mexicana el Rosario by Guanajuato SilverLtd.
5) ARM,Aureolis Ventures,CapitalX,Chalet.vc,Climate Collective,Eton Park Capital Management,Futureland Ventures,Gaingels Management,Liquid 2 Ventures,MicroVentures,NewGen Venture Partners,Noveus Capital,NVO Capital,Palrecha Capital,Pareta Ventures,Quiet Ventures,Rebel Fund,Soma Capital,Starlight Ventures,Tango.vc,Y Combinator Continuity Fund and Zillionize Angel $10.1m venture financing deal with Impossible Mining
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.